Antivirus in a Windows local setup
Each anti-virus offers different possibilities to be configured with. These settings can be more or less rich and give more or less flexibility. Because of this variety, it is impossible to give an universal procedure to be applied to all the Anti-virus products on the market.
If you're in the process of choosing an anti-virus, prefer a product that gives the possibility to exclude a process from the analysis. If that is not possible, at least the possibility to exclude folders (and sub-folders) or file types should be available.
General requirement for anti-virus parameters:
- add to the list of processes excluded from the analysis:
- the WinBIZ.exe that is installed by default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\La Gestion Electronique SA\WinBIZ 9.0\WinBIZ.exe"
- add to the list of the folders excluded from the analysis
- the database folder (by default it is "C:\WinBIZ Data") and all its sub-folders;
- the installation folder (by default it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\La Gestion Electronique SA\WinBIZ 9.0\WinBIZ.exe");
- the folder C:\programdata\la gestion electronique SA\.
- add to the list of the file types excluded from the analysis the file types *.dbf, *.cdx, *.fpt, *.frx, *.frt
Windows is installed, since 2009, with an integrated anti-virus. This product, formerly called Microsoft Security Essentials, is today called Windows Defender. The settings above apply also in the case the Microsoft anti-virus is installed without being completely disabled.